- Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order or pay for products;
- Directly from you when you contact us; and
- From our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, company name, shipping and billing address, email address, and phone number;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
- Limited payment and financial details, such as payment cardholder name and billing address. For clarity, any payment card information, such as payment card number, expiration date, and authentication code, required for the completion of payment transactions is collected and used by our third-party payment processing service provider, as further described in Section 8.
In addition, if you access and use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Services on a mobile device.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotion and third party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of STO Responsible, users of the Services, or others; or
- With your consent.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove Flash cookies. Visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html to learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by using the options available at the time we collect such information or at any other time by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. If you have received a catalogue or other mailing from us and you send us an email to opt out of future mailings, please be sure to include in the email your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on such mailing. We will remove your name from our mailing list as soon as possible.
If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Disclosure of Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by using the options available at the time we collect such information, or at any other time by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: STO Responsible, Attn: Privacy, 2770 Arapahoe Road, Suite 132-248, Lafayette, CO 80026. If you are a California resident and have questions concerning the data we collect about you, you may send your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and STO Responsible does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us email@example.com.
- data transfers
STO Responsible is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- Contact Us